North west London is one of the most socio-economically and ethnically diverse areas in the UK, and so offers unique education opportunities for trainee GPs.
GP training practices
GP training practices are located in Hammersmith and Fulham and the surrounding areas. Demographics and patient need result in subtle differences between practices, therefore we encourage trainees to disclose their interests during the first year of the programme.
- Hammersmith Surgery
- Little Venice Medical Centre
- Marylebone Heath Centre
- St Margaret’s Surgery
- Sterndale Surgery
- Belgravia Surgery
- Brook Green Medical Centre
- Church End Medical Centre
- Elizabeth Avenue Group Practice
- North End Medical Centre
- Hammersmith and Fulham Centres for Health
HospitalsPlacements in secondary care hospital settings are based in inner West and North West London.
- Charing Cross Hospital (Imperial College Healthcare)
There is a strong focus on medicine for the elderly. You will be based on a geriatric ward which has strong links with other medical specialties. You take part in daily consultant ward rounds, as well as supported academic and clinical meetings.
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Ealing Hospital (London North West Healthcare NHS Trust)
- Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea Hospital (Imperial College Healthcare)
A recognised centre for postgraduate training that supports six general practitioners every year. The centre has state-of-the-art facilities, accommodation for both high and low risk maternity care, all aspects of foetal medicine, an internationally recognised obstetric medicine service and a day assessment unit.
- St Mary’s Hospital (Imperial College Healthcare)
Working within the paediatrics department which includes an ambulatory unit, you will provide care to mothers and babies with the support of a midwife. The unit sees children who are referred by their GP, midwife or health visitor, and provides a walk in service for families in the local community. You will also be involved in discussions and initiatives around services development designed to improve integration between hospital and primary care services.
- West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Hammersmith Hospital (Imperial College Healthcare)
- Additional courses
- Example rotation
- Jobs and other opportunities available
- Key people
- Quick links
- Research opportunities
- Social events
- Teaching and training information